Saturday, August 20, 2011

Double Your Pleasure

A month ago or so, I thought I had seen everything while I was filming an osprey when another passed through the frame with a fish.  I decided to take a couple of quick shots, then return to the first bird, which was closer.  It was only later I discovered that the bird was carrying a fish which had partially swallowed another fish.  I thought I had posted that photo, but if I didn't, I'll post it tomorrow.  This osprey has one-upped that one, however.  I saw it make a steep dive straight into the river and barely get airborne again, when it went back into the water a second time before finally taking off.  While this image is taken from a very long distance, it clearly shows the osprey with a fish in each talon!  Now, I have seen everything - and you have too.

No comments:

Post a Comment