Saturday, September 1, 2012

Woody


Caught this woodchuck out on the "lawn" earlier this summer.  I don't have a problem with them.  I don't own any cattle, so I don't have to worry about broken legs.  I shot this through the window.  There is no way I was going to sneak up on it outside.  They are very wary and alert.  It was living under my tool shed.

I've seen them down at the river, but they were in the trees.  You don't believe me, do you. I'm not kidding.  I heard something in the tree near me and, when I looked, it was a young woodchuck that was eating shoots off the tree.

I was walking our dog up the driveway several years ago when it spooked a woodchuck.  The thing went right up a tree.  That was the first time I learned they can climb and it surprised the heck out of me.  Who knew?  You always think of their talent at digging holes, especially in rocky New England where I came from and there was one in every stone wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment