Friday, August 31, 2012

Lemonade, Anyone?


When you are in the midst of taking photos of the action out in front of you, it is not the time to fiddle with changes in settings.  That can lead to frustration.  You may have your camera all set up for taking images of birds out in the sunlight and suddenly one flies into the shadows and your camera settings drop off the chart.

That is what happened in the series I took of this turkey vulture the other day.  It is a juvenile and apparently is stupid regarding humans because it flew in and was circling around me with no fear of my presence.  After a couple of laps, it landed on a nearby stump and stayed for a while. Only thing was, I wasn't set up for the shade and, of course, the images all came out blurry as the shutter speed dropped to 1/60th of a second.  I did salvage this one photo, though. I thought it had a good balance of impressionistic elements while still being identifiable. Trying to make lemonade out of lemons...

No comments:

Post a Comment