Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Eagles Reappear


There for a while, I hardly saw an eagle at all.  I don't know if it was the osprey that were the cause, but one day I saw the female osprey chase an eagle all the way over to the other side of the river in the same general area as this photo before returning to her nest.  I thought she was considering an awful generous portion of the river to be her territory. But the eagles pretty much disappeared for a while so, maybe that was why.


The eagle was interested in something in the marsh.  Unbeknown to me, there was an immature eagle already in the marsh grass.  I don't know what the motivation was, but this mature eagle rousted it out and sent it packing. Also what I didn't realize until I happened to spot them while reviewing the photos I took that day on the computer, was the two eagles sitting in a tree watching the goings on.


The first eagle eventually landed on a duck blind a little to the right of the area in the first photo.  It is a favorite spot for them to eat fish.  I would love to just see how many fish bones there are on the top of that blind.  It was only a few seconds later when the second eagle (probably it's mate) joined it.  I wondered where it came from so quickly that I hadn't seen it.  It was only later that I discovered it was sitting in the tree pretty close by.

No comments:

Post a Comment