Thursday, October 27, 2011

Boating on an Autumn Morn

I love to take photos of boats in the first light of morning.  I have been able to connect up occasionally with the boaters and email them the pictures.  That is particularly satisfying because I don't think too many people have photos of themselves enjoying their boats in a setting such as this photo.  Although these two guys spotted me (which is normally not the case), they mistook my efforts to attract their attention as a hand wave and simply waved back and kept going.  For a photo like this, you need an absolutely windless day, good light, and no previous boat traffic.  Surprisingly, the entire body of water will remain agitated and won't become settled again for fifteen to twenty minutes after a boat passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment