Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Dancing with the... Squirrels?

Depending on the season, squirrels are either trying to kill each other or they're "in luv."  Right now is the season of love as these two break dancing squirrels confirm.  While I was filming robins over the weekend eating berries on the dogwood, I heard a noise in the woods, which also got the attention of the robin I was filming.  I decided to take a quick glance to see what made the noise when two squirrels came running out of the woods up on to the driveway.  They were completely unaware of almost anything else except each other.  With all the rolling, jumping and hugging, you might have thought they were fighting, but you would have been wrong.  I knew it wasn't going to last long so I started taking images as fast as I could.  I didn't have time to reset the camera, but even 1/350 of a second isn't fast enough to freeze the action.  I could tell you a couple of stories about squirrels that you wouldn't believe.  At least this time, I have the evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment