Saturday, September 20, 2014

Prop Me Up


Using the Mandevilla flower as a prop for the hummingbirds didn't work as well as I had hoped. While the hummingbirds did check it out occasionally, there were days where I never saw them go near it.


Over the next two days, I am posting most of the images I was able to capture of the hummingbirds at the Mandevilla.


The birds were very fast and it was hard to keep up with them with the camera. There were times where I came up with absolutely nothing or blurred photos because they moved so fast, I couldn't focus on them fast enough.


The birds didn't seem to particularly like the taste of the flowers. The blooms last a long time, however, so may be they had gotten all the good stuff when they first found the flowers.


I was out on the front porch yesterday repotting the Mandevilla when I heard the hum of wings. A hummingbird had flown in and was sampling the blossoms of a petunia in a hanging basket. I still had the feeder up also and, after flying up to me to check me out, she flew over to the feeder and got a drink. It was the first one I had seen in almost a week. I guess I will leave the feeder up for a few more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment