Sunday, October 28, 2012

Rocket Man!


How weird is this?  I have seen geese do this on a couple of different occasions.  They are not taking off but, rather, are coming in for a landing.  The type of air they are all in at the moment determines how they respond in their flight and is why a flock will often seem symmetrical in their flight.  They are all having to deal with the same wind conditions.


Sometimes the wind gets the best of them. On this very windy day geese were having trouble simply staying upright like the one over on the left. Comical to watch, but probably not too pleasant for the goose.


Okay, so explain this one. I can't. All I know is they were all doing the same thing and I had to capture it before the fleeting second was gone.


Can you spot the geese in this photo?  And I think it's going to be a long, long time...

No comments:

Post a Comment