Thursday, October 25, 2012

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger


Before the computer crash, I had said I was going to do devote a few entries to some of the most memorable things I have seen.  This one certainly qualifies.  Look at the size of the fish!  I'd guess it weighs three, maybe four pounds.  It's huge!  This bird caught the catfish out in open water also.  I had watched the same Great Blue Heron the day before catch one that was slightly smaller.  He was flying back to his favorite dock with the fish when he dropped it.  You should have heard him complain the rest of the way back.  I'm sure this was on his mind as he headed back to the dock with this fish.  Unlike the day before, he did make it.  After spearing it thirty or more times (I lost count), he actually ate the fish.  Herons don't break off bits and pieces of fish like osprey or eagles do.  They swallow the fish whole.  I thought it might kill him, but it didn't.  What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, as they say...

No comments:

Post a Comment