Sunday, March 10, 2013


Another Nothing Photo


Even though I took it - and I don't say this in a braggy way - I am fascinated by this picture. Here again, the sun was acting like a spotlight, leaving the background trees in blue shadows. And maybe it speaks to me because of all the experiences I have had or seen on the Patuxent while to you it may be completely uninteresting. But, I love this picture - the way it reads in zones of interest. The marsh grass, then the bare smaller trees that lose their leaves early because their feet are always wet, then the evergreens, then the brilliantly lit trees with the foliage at their peak, then more bare trees and, finally, the rising hillside in shadow. I wish most of all I could paint like this. It is enough though, that while the leaves are long gone and everything lies in the dead sleep of winter, this image preserves the magic that was that morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment