Sunday, May 5, 2013

Japanese Kerria



The Kerria were spectacular this year although, as flowers go, they last an even shorter time than the cherry blossoms. I thought I would post a few of the images I liked best.


Within a day or two they begin to develop little white blemishes on their petals, the first sign that they are beginning to fade. If that is the only thing wrong with the picture and the area is small enough, they are easily cloned out, replacing bad information with good from a nearby area of similar color and tone. Just one of the benefits of a photo editing program.


I liked this photograph a lot with it's highly complimentary colors. As nice as it is, though, the little feather-like leaf was driving me nuts every time I looked at it. Wish I had seen it when I originally took the photo but...


Ah, here it is with that little distraction gone. I'm thinking about blurring that little part of the leaf that is in focus. Now that the "feather" is gone, that has captured my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment