Monday, July 27, 2015

A Morning At Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens 2


I hope you won't mind me spending another day with the water lilies. I was like a pig in a puddle at the Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens. Every where you turn, the eyes are assaulted by gorgeous flowers.


It wasn't just the Sacred Lilies. The other water lilies seemed to be exceptionally nice this year — and there seemed to be more blooms than other years I have been there. There are no labels on the pond so it is hard to know their individual names, but it doesn't lessen their beauty.

Here is another pink beauty.


This is a guy with a lot of courage. I mean, would you be willing to paint a picture with people constantly passing by and watching? This type of painting is called "En plein air," which is a French expression meaning "in the open air" and used to describe the act of painting outdoors. I had never seen anyone painting there before.


This is one of my favorites from the trip. The Lotus blossom fairly glows and I like the silhouette of the seed pod in the background and the two buds just beginning to open. If we have another low humidity day in the next couple weeks, I may just go back one more time. By then, there will be all new blossoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment