Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Bow in the Fog


Fog is such an amorphous thing.  Changing shape constantly, you're never sure of where the edges are or even whether you are truly discern it's form.  I kept looking at the fog and seeing this bow.  But I knew I couldn't really be seeing a bow, so I would look away at other things and occasionally look back.  Then, I would see it again and start the same process over because I knew I couldn't be seeing a bow.  The photo doesn't do it complete justice because it had a slight blueish band along the top edge similar to the bands in a rainbow.  It lasted a surprising amount of time; probably ten minutes or more before it finally disappated.  As you can see, it was probably no more than about an hundred yards in length.

Yesterday, I saw something that, like the bow, I have never seen before and was totally amazing.  I'll post that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment