Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Last Leaf of Autumn

I have this ongoing "project" each fall to come up with an image of what I call "the last leaf of Autumn."  This photo was taken with a 70-300 mm telephoto built by a reputable company, but this particular lens was a piece of junk.  It would rarely focus sharply and it's use was a continual exercise in frustration.  Since it was my first telephoto lens, I thought I was the problem - until I got a better telephoto lens.  Occasionally this poor focus has been an advantage rather than a hindrance.  The weird double silhouettes in this photo are a result of the lens' inability to resolve properly but, in this case, I think it adds to the photo.  I now only use it when I intentionally want a particular soft look.

No comments:

Post a Comment