Thursday, November 3, 2011

Clearing Fog

This is from yesterday morning on the Patuxent.  It was an hour-and-a-half before I could see anything but the end of the dock.  With the temperature at 36 degrees, it wasn't pleasant standing there.  So why do it?  Because I knew if I waited, I would see things that would make me glad I had taken the time and trouble to be there.  If I get one shot that I really like, I think of the excursion as a success.  That being true, yesterday was very successful. 

This scene shows where I usually stand on a dock whose owner has kindly given me permission to use it.  At this point, the fog had coalesced into clouds in the middle of the river which rose, then dissipated.  The first thing I saw when I got there was that muscovy duck, which swam out of the fog from up river to the front of the dock.  When it saw me, it continued on down river, quickly disappearing again in the fog.  I had never seen it swim and, though it is a duck, wondered if it could.

No comments:

Post a Comment