Monday, December 26, 2011

Shipping Out


The eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay (for those of you not from this area) contains a shipping lane which leads to Baltimore Harbor.  Large cargo vessels continually travel in and out of the Chesapeake piloted by professionals specifically licensed for the Bay.  Like an iceberg, most of a vessel can be out of sight.  Sometimes, there may be as little as three feet of clearance in a channel that is fifty feet deep! The vessel had disappeared by the time it's wake finally reached the western shore.

I took this photo a little after sunrise.  The glint of the sun on the bow attracted my attention.  I like it more than I thought I would with the complimentary colors and different patterned zones.  The birds are mostly buffleheads.  I know that because that was about all that was out there that morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment