Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Sense of Peace

Have you ever noticed how every TV in a store looks different?  Some are brighter, some more colorful, others washed out.  That same problem is true of computer screens.  What looks good on my computer may not look so good on yours.  So photos are shared with some trepidation.

Hopefully, this image is not so dark on your computer that the cormorant fails to show up very well.  At the time I took this picture, I overlooked it.  It wasn't until quite a bit later I came across it and was attracted to it.  I knew I had taken it on the Patuxent, but I didn't recognize the location.  That really bugged me.  I thought I knew every inch of the entire river in this spot.  It wasn't until I purposely panned the area with my camera that I found where it had been taken.

I am attracted to photographs that could as easily be a painting and I think that is probably why I like this photo so much.  That and it depicts an animal that is at one with it's environment.  It is a very peaceful image and I always stop to study it whenever I come across it. It never fail to leave me with a sense of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment