Sunday, March 18, 2012

Beauty in Hidden Places

Imagine putting all your creative energy into painting a Mona Lisa or designing an Eiffel tower or a pyramid and no one ever saw them.  How do you think you would feel not to have your creativity admired by other people? And yet, I am struck by some of the modern discoveries of things the Creator of all things made long ago that are hidden away from human eyes until someone stumbles across it in a cave or on a distant island.  Can you imagine being so creative that it didn't matter to you whether someone saw any of the distant planets and stars you flung into place?


The first time I was surprised by His creative beauty in a hidden place was when I stumbled upon an entire bank in the woods, covered by beautiful white flowers blooming away for no one to see.  It took me a couple of years to learn their name.  From looking at these little gems, you would never guess that they are called bloodroot.  Most years, they bloom earlier than almost any other plant, cultivated or wild.



I'm having a lot of trouble with internet connections this morning.  I wanted to post more, but perhaps I will be able to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment