Monday, April 4, 2011

Just shoot

Maybe I'm a little slow, but it took me quite a while to realize
I didn't have to wait until a bird (or other subject) fit in the frame to start shooting.  That is the reminder I get when I see the image of the Great Blue Heron. The bird was so close, I couldn't get it's entire body in the frame.  While I waited for it to fly, the question (finally) arose in my thinking, Why do I have to have the entire bird in the frame?  It was a "Well, duh!" moment.  Sure you don't have as much control over what will be in the frame as they take off, but there is also the possibility you will get a compelling image that you would not have gotten otherwise.  So, my advice to you is just start shooting and let things fall where they may.


It isn't a great image but the feather detail and many shades of grey-blue always cause me to stop and examine the bird again.

No comments:

Post a Comment