Sunday, May 6, 2012

Downy Woodpecker


Here is another photo that has been altered, although you probably wouldn't know it unless I told you.  If you look carefully, however, you will discover that both trees are the same tree.  I liked the woodpecker's pose in this image, but I didn't like the effect of the tree bisecting the frame in half.  One way to solve the problem would have been to crop the photo in half, using the tree as the frame on the left-hand side of the image.  But, I had another idea - and that was to duplicate the tree.  In my mind, it made it much more interesting than if I had done the other.

While I have this photo as an example, let me also mention that if you take images of animals - or even people - try to incorporate an eye glint.  It can totally make or break a picture.  Without it, a subject can look dead while, with it, even a dead subject can look alive.  Or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment