Sunday, December 30, 2012

Happy Ducks


What is it about certain birds that seems to convey an emotion?  When I think of Northern Cardinals, my mind conjures up a very dour and sullen bird, almost always out of sorts with the world and ready to fight with anyone.  Maybe you haven't seen enough cardinals to know this about them, but they are one of the nastiest birds I know personality wise. Ducks, on the other hand, always seem to have a happy disposition.  Who could look at this duck and not think it happy?


This is one of my, "Oh, if only," moments. This is the same duck in both photos. I love the circular swirls of water left behind as the duck paddled past me. And, I love the smile on the face of the duck in the first image.  Oh, if only both elements were in the same photo. Wouldn't that have been a winner! I still like both of them, though.


Here is another one. I think it is training to direct traffic. You can't tell me this isn't a happy duck...

No comments:

Post a Comment