Monday, December 31, 2012

Relax and Enjoy the Ride


I remember as a kid, I suffered under the mistaken notion that birds could not turn their heads when they were in flight. I guess I never watched them that closely, but I figured they were so taken up with concentrating on flying, that they couldn't be looking around. Where do we get these ideas? That is like the friend of mine whose brother called and asked what he was doing. He told him he was watching a hummingbird sitting in a tree. His brother retorted that it couldn't be a hummingbird because they don't have any feet.


By chance, I caught this tern one day scratching it's neck as it was flying along. I can't chew gum and talk at the same time and this thing is having a leisurely scratch while flying! That was an eye opener.

No comments:

Post a Comment