Sunday, December 16, 2012

Leaving the Cove


I was pleasantly surprised to learn the Chesapeake Bay Foundation (www.cbf.org) used this image which I entitled, "Leaving the Cove," in the latest edition of their quarterly magazine, save the bay.  I had submitted it a couple of years ago in their annual calendar contest. It wasn't chosen as a calendar image, but later, it was selected as part of a montage of photos that was installed in a display at a Starbucks near their headquarters.


I submitted this photo of a male Northern Cardinal to the contest a year or two earlier than the Great Blue Heron and it was chosen to appear on the January page of the calendar the following year.  I find it odd because I never much liked the photo and thought, from a technical standpoint, it was a much inferior image. But, hey, what do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment