Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Tundra Swans

It has been a difficult winter in many ways. Waterfowl hunters over the entire region complained about the lack of birds in the early winter. I don't hunt, but I kept tabs on what they were seeing and where to, hopefully, up my success at finding birds.

One species I hoped to film again this winter was the Tundra Swan. I had hoped to be able to film them in flight since they can be a very graceful looking species. As it turned out, I was always only able to see them from a distance and had almost no opportunities to film them.

These two images taken at a local marsh pond were taken too far away and at the wrong time of day. The sun was out in front of the camera, causing the side facing the camera to be in shadows not to mention a lot of sparkly, bright water. By adjusting color temperature of the image, they can be rendered as either cool or warm. The photos may not be to everyone's taste. 




No comments:

Post a Comment