Monday, April 16, 2012

Doom and Gloom


This photo was taken just a couple of miles from my house.  The reason I mention that is because I had been waiting for a nice sunny sunrise to take a particular picture I had in mind.  It looked like this was the morning to realize "my vision."  I jumped in my car and headed up the road.  How long does it take to drive two miles?  A couple of minutes, right?  By the time I got to the farm, the skies had begun to cloud over just that quick.  I realized I wasn't going to get the shot I came for, but I thought I would "work the scene" anyway since I was already there.

The vultures on the roof of the barn naturally caught my eye.  Vultures have that aura of doom and gloom since they are always looking for dead stuff.  There were actually about five of them and they
were coming and going at irregular intervals.  There are three in this photo although one is no more than a bump in the roof line.  I've always liked the image; my wife doesn't.  Oh well, there is no accounting for taste...

No comments:

Post a Comment