Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Sense of Mystery


On this morning, I took a lot of images of beautiful, tiny flowers and I liked them all.  But, the one that most enthralled me was this one, and I wondered why since at first glance, it doesn't seem to be much of a picture.  You can hardly tell what is the main subject.  And yet, every time I come across the image, I have to stop and examine it again.  It seems to me to hold a promise of something more as you look beyond the flower to a background that only suggests what is further on.  The part that is in focus extends an invitation to explore this tiny world, as though it will reveal some of it's mysteries if you will only take the time to look.  I don't know.  Maybe I'm crazy.  But I love this picture and I'm glad I felt compelled to view the tiny world at my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment