Monday, August 10, 2015

More Scenes from the River


Wouldn't you just love to have a cup of coffee and a lounge chair and just kick back on this deck overlooking the river? You would see things like the Bald Eagle that just caught a fish. When I saw the eagle was going to cast a shadow on the roof, I just had to take a picture.


I like this image of one of the young Osprey that seems to be very much in command of his own fate as he flies along the far shore looking for fish.


I may think it is interesting, but the Great Blue Heron doesn't like the bird circling around over it's head and gives it some advice about finding another spot to fish.


This is one of the few times I have ever seen an Osprey miscalculate what it was trying to do. You can see it hit the water wrong and was almost flipped over.


Crows are very opportunistic birds. This small tree is below the Osprey nestbox and many of the fish are taken back to the nest to be eaten. There is always a possibility some little morsel of food could have been missed by one of the young Osprey. Well, it could happen! Once the Osprey nest is empty, maybe he will work up the nerve to check it out.


There have not been very many photos I have taken of crows that I was pleased with. It is very difficult to pull any detail out of all that blackness. But, I like these two a lot and especially this one.


Sci-fi movies, cartoons, and the like are not always straight-forward visions of reality. I don't think photography always needs to be an accurate depiction of a scene either. I saw an opportunity to inject a little idyllicism into the photo and took it. There actually is no such word as "idyllicism," but in an idyllic world there would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment