Thursday, April 4, 2013

Almond Blossoms



One of the earliest blossoming trees in our yard is a wild almond which sits on the edge of the woods just off the lawn area. The blossoms are very similar looking to a cherry blossom. It is a strange little tree. In the almost twenty years we have lived here, it has grown very little. To look at it, you would think it was just a sapling since it is no more than eight feet high and the trunk if no bigger around than my thumb. Despite this, it produced a lot of almonds last year. I have never had the chance to try one, though, because the squirrels always eat them all before they mature.


I had intended to discuss some of the considerations that go into filming blossoms up close, but realized since most people use either cellphones or compact cameras, it would be whistling in the wind. So, I decided to simply post some of the photos I was most pleased with over the next few posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment